Saturday, June 11, 2011

Opinion: Will I miss Superman's Briefs?

In case you didn't know DC Comics will be relaunching it's entire line of Comic Books. Some 52 different lines will be revamped with modern updated story lines and more modern graphics. While fans of the Second Largest Comic Book seller fret over the changes, I welcome some of the changes. Superman for instance will loose his iconic tighty-reddies. Go will be the super speedo and instead it's replaced with....tights....Okay maybe I'm not okay with this. In fact based on the released cover to the left here it looks like they just forgot to ink in the briefs. I mean could it hurt so much to put a pair of pants on him or maybe even some shorts. The tendency to place heroes in tight fitting clothing often creates uncomfortable bulges, folds, and silhouettes. I had hoped that Supe would be wearing a little more sensible clothing but I think to much change would wreck the layman's view of our boy from Krypton. I mean it could end up like the other photo I included below. 

During the 90s DC Attempted to update Superman's look and it suffered massive flak from it's fans. However the dated look of Superman Keeps him out of the current popularity that other DC heroes have enjoyed. We'll see what happens with the new release and the new direction for Superman and His Super-pals.

No comments:

Post a Comment